Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Green Christmas


I found some pretty fabrics today that I thought would be great for wrapping Christmas presents. No sewing needed.
I bought a yard and a quarter of each of the three fabrics. Just cut on the lengthwise fold line down the middle of the fabric and get two wrapping pieces. Each piece will cover a normal size clothing box. Perhaps leave one or two of them uncut to cover large boxes.
Wrap around the box until you've used all the fabric. If it wraps around three times...who cares. And two of the three are black backgrounds, so the recipient can't see through. Tape, and put a ribbon around it!
No wrapping paper to gather up on Christmas morning and no waste going to the landfill. Just fold it up and put in your wrapping paper box til next year. My family will love this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent idea!!

Ruth said...

What!?!?! No sound of ripping paper??? That's what your kids will say.
(I came over from P-Dub)